Sunday, December 14, 2014

Altered State

For my altered book, I decided to go through without a plan of any kind. I just knew that if I tried doing something right, it'd end up wrong. I'm usually unsatisfied with the things I create and this I knew would be no exception. So, instead, I went through and thought about things throughout my day, week, year, etc and just did whatever came to mind. I also burnt some of the pages and mixed the ashes with charcoal to draw with. I used some of the white meringue cookie chalk that I did in the senses project. I edited a photo of myself to represent my Who Am I project. And obviously, I used the photos I made for the assignments that had one. I also painted the book gold, just because. I also drew pictures and represented the assignments we did in class similar to how we did the fear assignment. I associated each one with a color and found that color in the book and worked on that particular section.

I enjoyed doing my book. My wrote inside the pages that were stapled shut little things I didn't want people to see. I kind of took the deep dark secret thing that other students had to do (I didn't have to) and did it myself. I wrote how my fear impacts me and tarnishes my goals. I wrote little sayings and thoughts I had during the past few months. Things that I don't think would have much meaning to anyone other than myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment