Monday, December 15, 2014

Fear Response

I liked all of our fear projects. I believe it made us all seem more human and normal. We all have our own little issues that we deal with. Most of us had ones that could coincide with one another. I was surprised to hear how people thought of my own design as something holding up failure. It surprises me because I'll be honest, I use it as a crutch. I use my fear as a reason not to do something or go with with tasks. I know I use it as a crutch and it pisses me off. I'm very self aware of my fear and how it impacts my life. I know when it's happening and how it causes problems, but I don't ever seem to do anything about it. I let it control every thing I do. When I don't want to do something, I use my fear as a reason to get out of it. People saw that in my design, and I didn't even mean for that to be that way. I did what fell natural to me, and people figured out something about me from it without even knowing it. Something I didn't intentionally mean to show. It's odd how our creative side, when you give yourself over to it, actually tells the stories we didn't mean to tell. It lets people in when you don't intend for them to be let in. It's speaks the words that we fail to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment