Monday, October 6, 2014

Eye For An Eye

I couldn't attend class today because I had an eye exam at the Midwest Eye Institute at 2pm. It stems from a medical issue I had a year ago that left me blind in one eye. If anyone has been to the Midwest Eye Institute, then you know that an "in and out" visit turns into HOURS of sitting. I honestly loathe having to go into that building. Not to mention they had issues with some of my tests from the last time I was there, and they didn't even tell me. So I had to get them all done again. Man was I pissed. It should have been maybe an hour or so visit turned into a 4 and a half hour visit. I was mad. Really mad.

I felt like the nurses were doing this behind my back.



Also, they keep trying to send me to some ophthalmologist because all they keep saying my optic nerve "looks dead" which I'm just thinking "oh really? Is that why I can't see out of it anymore?" Like, I think we gathered the shit don't work. Back to the ophthalmologist. Pretty much she doesn't take my insurance, or any insurance other than medicare for that matter. And if they think I'm paying $250 for the visit and between $50 and $150 for exams (which ends up being like 6 different exams), they are sadly mistaking. It's like the 8th time I've had to deal with this. You'd think they'd realize the answer is no. Granted, I'd like my eye sight back, but I also had to pay to live as well, so I can't go giving up every dime I have.


However, I will say that I got this one test done where I looked into this weird sphere thing and it kept flashing different dots in different colors. It was pretty trippy. Gave me an idea for an entry in my altered book.

I also had some family issues. But that's nothing worth hearing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment