Tuesday, September 30, 2014

You're Replaceable

My class takeaway from yesterday is obviously that we are all replaceable =].

On a more serious note.One thing I learned was that, even in a group, it's hard to think of something to teach someone when you're given no real direction as to what it is. We were stumped for a while about what to teach until we just came up with something. Then, after all was said and done, we had other ideas once we heard other people's ideas as well. I think in a round a bout way, this was a good exercise because it made us as teams think as a whole and think a little harder when we are given boundaries to follow (such as not using the internet).

I found out what Bible Dipping was, which is nothing I knew about before. This method is actually something I like. I found myself opening books and finding random words and drawing my idea of what that word means or looks like in my head. It's also something that I decided would be good for my friends "craft night." Which I'm not 100% what it is, but I'm going to have them doing something crafty worth the word we dip. Hopefully.

I learned a little about an Earth Harp, which was a pretty fascinating little piece of work.

I also got some other design ideas for my altered book by thinking about some techniques to come up with ideas. One is the bible dipping. Some I may end up using, some I may not. It depends on how well they come from my mind and translate onto paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment