Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Glass

I'd say the most interesting thing about class and learning about our fears thus far is that a lot of us have similar fears, and deal with them in the same way. I haven't gone yet, but I can say most of the things I could say and how I react to them and handle them has already been said. Most notably with two classmates who talked about how their fears cause them to fall back and not do their art work for fear of either failing at it (like me) or fear of it being judged (for me as well, because I'd consider that a failure). In both cases the students talked about how this fear gets so immense inside of them that they just shut off and hide, which is similar to what I do. If I get to that point, I shut off and take a nap. Which may be saying something because I'm always napping, but who knows. It was just enlightening to hear other students have issues that cause problems with them similar to my own and then hearing people talk about how they would fix it or change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment